I love Chocolate chip Cookies and I thought I'd attempt to post some recipes although it won't be on a regular basis :)
This is my go to favorite recipe that I have used for the past 5 years. It's simple and basic and just an adaptation from the nestle toll house cookie recipe...
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter flavored crisco
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips ( I rotate between semi-sweet and milk chocolate)
1. Combine your dry ingredients: Flour, Baking soda, and salt in separate bowl. Beat your crisco, sugars, and eggs in mixing bowl then add your vanilla.
2. Slowly add your dry ingredients until all is incorporated.
3. I then hand mix in my chips (this is because I feel like my mixer is too strong and the chips don't get incorporated evenly.
4. Grease your cookie sheet, spoon out the cookies, and cook for 9-11 minutes. :)
(P.S. In the past I have had trouble with the cookies spreading out on my cookie sheet and seeming to melt while in the oven -- to compensate for this I will sometimes put my cookie dough in the freezer or fridge for 15 or more minutes)
Then you have wonderful, great tasting cookies!